Friday, October 14, 2011

This Week's Workout: Happy Dancing

Here's the ad that ran in the October 24th issue of People Magazine!
When we wrote Hot (Sweaty) Mamas: Five Secrets to Life as a Fit Mom, we had come to discover how important being a role model is to our children. I wholeheartedly believe in the fifth secret: "Act Like Others are Watching Because they Are."

I just had no idea that the "others" would include the powers-that-be at Revlon.

On a cold April morning I was in Central Park with about 10,000 other woman for the EIF Revlon Run Walk for Women and participated in the free makeover Revlon offered at the finish line. Who turns down a free makeover? I just filled out a short form about why I consider myself a role model, got my hair pouffed, then my photo taken.

After the primping I ran back to my hotel and thought noting of it until Revlon contacted me months later to say I had been chosen for an ad campaign that would run in People Magazine.

And that's all I knew about it until the October 24th issue hit the newsstand. I am honored to be chosen and especially thrilled that Revlon thinks "Fitness is a Family Value," worthy of sharing with the masses.

Act like others are watching. Remember, more than your kids may take notice!

P.S.--My week of minor celebrity has not impressed my children. They complained loudly about the lunches I packed them today and I explained this was the best a super model could do.

5 comments:

Jen said...

congratulations; that's awesome!

mostlyfitmom said...

Very cool :)

We are the Butenhoffs... said...

WTG Kara! We have a supermodel in our midst as well as a Hot & Sweaty Mama!

LDA said...

I saw the ad this weekend and was so excited! "Hey, I read that blog!" How fun.

Rhonda said...

I'm impressed! And I'm sure your lunches are great. :)