- Happy-inducing (you have to enjoy yourself)
- Authentic (the workout is an expression of the true you; it fits like your favorite pair of jeans)
- Better off than before (that feeling of empowerment you get when it’s over)
- Integrates easily into life (slides right into your schedule, or at least into your chaotic world)
- Time-valued (when the workout moves higher on your to-do list because you really want to get it done)
It took everything to drag my sorry, crabby arse to the gym. My neck hurt (the accident), my back hurt (the accident) and I was puffy. Tired. BUT, I told a friend I would meet her at spin class. The step to meet a friend makes a big difference, especially in the evening hours after a long day of work. Additionally, I knew I didn't have a reason to skip. I had an excuse but not a reason. So I went. Well, someone invited my inner Hot (Sweaty) Mama to the party because as soon as the 80's music starting blaring, I was taking names. I fleshed out every bad piece of mood in my bones and left on such an endorphin high--the party was rocking!